The most important ingredient in a sound sales methodology is the customer.
Do you even know who your customer is? Are you aware of the cultural differences that can effect your sales ration if you are selling in a service industry? These are areas of information that you must have in your mind every day that you hit the ground trying to make a sell. How the customer thinks and feels has to be your focus in developing a sales system or your system will eventually fail. A sales process with a proven methodology is key to the success and longevity of every salesperson. At Grant Winstead and Associates, we understand the value of providing services that will help you discover a selling process with a proven methodology for your success.
The Grant Winstead Recipe for Success in Sales
Times have changed and minorities now make up the fastest-growing segment of homeowners. Below I have listed the ingredients that you can need to have in making effective cross cultural sales strategies.
- A sales leader must be “culturally competent” and lead by example.
- Many sales people want to say they “treat everyone the same”, but that isn’t true. All prospects are different and should be treated as so.
- Know the rules of the game, be prepared, and get educated. You have to be aware of the cultural demographics of your community in which you sell.
- Know the 3 P’s of sales— Perceptions, Preference and Prejudices— and the role they play in your community and in other communities.
- Sales training is ongoing, it should never end.
- Follow-up with sales meetings in the office, at least once a week. This should include discussions of those cultural encounters.
Life Lesson Learned:
The sales arena is changing and if you want to be profitable in it, your sales perceptions must change as well.
Ask yourself this important question—Are you culturally competent?
Grant Winstead Associates want to show you how your sales can improve immediately with the researched-based and proven selling system that they use! You can contact Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on his direct line at 703.949-8379.